Isko thanks Manilans for returning food

Manila City presidential candidate and mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso expressed gratitude to his constituents for participating in the local government’s relief campaign by personally donating their recently received Noche Buena food packages. distributed.

Moreno said the Manila city government began distributing the Noche Buena boxes of 3 kilos of rice, 5 boxes of corned beef, ingredients for spaghetti and fruit salad earlier this month.

“Can you believe the Christmas gift packages I gave in Manila, many of them donated their Noche Buena packages? They returned them, we sent them to Leyte. We sent to Surigao, Cebu, Bohol. They are children of Manila, ”a proud and happy Moreno told the media.

He took stock of the city government’s relief efforts to help those in the Visayas and Mindanao who were badly affected by the onslaught of Typhoon Odette.

“Regardless, I called them to help me. So what they did was they gave away their packages that they received. Because I always tell them… I know our lives are tough but at least we can survive. Because I saw the Visayas, seriously. I really feel sorry for them so I can talk to whoever I can, I take them and then give them to the person, ”explained Moreno.

Moreno said he was in Urdaneta, Pangasinan this weekend, where businessmen and other groups contributed around P 250,000 to the Manila city government’s relief efforts.

Aksyon Demokratiko’s flag bearer earlier thanked Dr Honey Lacuna, his deputy mayor of Manila, and the municipal government council for the swift approval of a resolution that allocated P2.5 million in aid to the efforts. recovery in areas affected by typhoon in Cebu. (P1 million), Bohol (P 500,000), Leyte (P 500,000) and Surigao del Norte (P 500,000).

“These 2.5 million pesos came from the city of Manila, plus about 2 million pesos that we personally collected. Then the businessmen of Urdaneta last night around 250,000 P and I heard there would be cash donations for the provinces, ”Moreno said.

Moreno said they have yet to determine the areas where donations will be sent. But the most important thing right now, he said, is that people will immediately get the help they desperately need.

“We’re coordinating because a lot of areas there really don’t have water, no electricity, so it’s hard for us to contact. Then to anyone we can contact ASAP, we can send our assistance. The same with Cebu City and Cebu Province the other day, ”Moreno said.

Moreno expressed hope that government institutions such as the social security system and the Government Services Insurance Company (GSIS) would act quickly by providing financial assistance in the form of a loan to victims of the typhoon.

Moreno previously urged the Insurance Commission to speed up the processing of insurance claims from victims of Typhoon Odette who lost everything in the most destructive typhoon to hit the country after Yolanda.

When asked when he would resume his provincial outings which have been temporarily suspended in favor of relief operations, Moreno said he would just play by the ear.

“We’ll see. We’re playing it by ear. Because I don’t want to rest, alas. But you know what I want is to help ‘those who need it’ first, the people more. than anything else. Only those from the Visayas and Mindanao will survive, “Moreno said.

“The government is the owner there. If I put it in the right perspective. You just need to act very quickly. There are no more meetings or marching bands, ”Moreno said.

Typhoon Odette hit the country Thursday last week in the form of a super typhoon with winds of 195 kilometers per hour.

It made landfall 9 – on the island of Siargao, Surigao del Norte; Cagdianao, Dinagat Islands; Liloan, south of Leyte; Padre Burgos, south of Leyte; President Carlos P. Garcia, Bohol; Well Unido, Bohol; Carcar, Cebu; La Libertad, Negros Oriental; and Roxas, Palawan – before leaving the country on Friday.


Source link

Comments are closed.