2nd reminder policy changes sought

GO Negosyo Founder Jose Ma. “Joey” Concepcion 3rd Monday urged Department of Health (DoH) Officer in Charge Maria Rosario Vergeire to call the Health Technology Assessment Council (HTAC) to delaying its decision regarding the administration of the second booster of the coronavirus vaccine.

The HTAC advises the DoH on health interventions and technologies that will be funded by the government.

Concepcion said the corporate sector has repeatedly asked the HTAC to approve the proposal to lower the age required for additional Covid injections, especially with the further increase in daily infections and primary series immunity. and the first decreasing recall.

He told a televised briefing that the HTAC had already taken its time deciding whether to administer the first boosters. But the HTAC again delayed its decision to administer a second booster.

“We are already in the sixth month since the first booster shot. We requested that they lower the age to 50 for the second booster shot. We appealed to the HTAC, sana ma-approve na ‘yan (j ‘hope that’s already approved),’ Concepcion said.

Get the latest news


delivered to your inbox

Sign up for the Manila Times daily newsletters

By registering with an email address, I acknowledge that I have read and accept the terms of use and the privacy policy.

The former presidential adviser for entrepreneurship stressed that if the government wants to further relax health protocols, such as making mask-wearing optional, it must ensure that at least 70% of the population have received their primary doses and his reminders. a little after.

“It’s still a big challenge, kasi medyo ang layo natin, nasa (we’re far behind and only at) 28%. Going up to 70%, it’s still 50% that we have to reach. Now, if we are able to do that…so now is the time, maybe we can make outdoor masking optional,” Concepcion said.

Reaching vaccination targets “will take time” because there are still many people who refuse to be bitten, he said.

“We really have to convince them to take the booster shots. Whether it’s the first or the second booster shot,” Concepcion stressed.

He suggested that the public be given incentives to get vaccinated and strengthened against Covid-19.

Stepping up vaccination efforts was also a call from President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.

Over the weekend, the President announced that Malacañang would coordinate the DoH, the Ministry of Interior and Local Government, and the Ministry of Education to further expand the dissemination of information on the government’s vaccination campaign against the Covid-19.

Comments are closed.