19 Interesting Facts About Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy – Manila Bulletin
Did you know that Ukrainian Volodymyr Zelenskyy was a big celebrity in Russia before becoming president?
That’s what David Dodson, an old friend of Zelenskyy, revealed during an interview for People Magazine’s latest fabric in Los Angeles.
Dobson says Zelenskyy is an actor who knows how to relate to people and tap into their emotions.
“There is nothing woody about him. He is the real deal, and his challenge and fighting spirit inspires not just Ukrainians but the world,” Dodson said, in an article “If we win… it will be the victory of light over darkness” written by Sandra Sobieraj Westfall with additional reports. by Diane Herbst, Susan Katz Keating and Aaron Parsley, for the March 21 issue of People Magazine.
Here are 19 interesting facts about Ukraine’s charismatic and courageous leader, as told by Dobson to People:
1) Zelenskyy is not a big guy – like 5’6″ or actually 5’3″
2) He is 44 years old
3) Zelenskyy was a former actor
4) In addition to Volodya, her friends also call her Vova
5) Zelenskyy grew up speaking Russian.
6) He studied to be a lawyer before changing course.
7) Zelenskyy formed a comedy sketch troupe called Kvartal 95 with high school friends. Later it became a production company.
8) The Ukrainian President is married to Olena Kiyashko who later took her husband’s surname with the female variant Zelenska.
9) The Zelenskys have two children – daughter Aleksandra, 19; and her 9-year-old son Kiril.
10) Zelenskyy and Zelenska dated for eight years before getting married in 2003.
11) The couple is kind and playful towards each other.
12) Zelenskyy and his daughter appeared together in a movie “8 New Dates” in 2014.
13) In ‘Servant of the People’, Zelenskyy plays a populist schoolteacher who was elected president.
14) Netflix picked up its sitcom “Servant of the People” in 2016.
15) “Servant of the people” made Zelenskyy a superstar in Russia and Ukraine.
16) He is also known as “Tom Hanks of Ukraine”.
17) Zelensky made more than a dozen films that were shot in Russia or Ukraine.
18) Zelenskyy named his political party “Servant of the People” and claimed a landslide of 73% in April 2019.
19) Zelenska reveals that she wasn’t very happy when her husband ran for president.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DAILY NEWSLETTER
CLICK HERE TO JOIN